Shangri La Hotel Hambantota
In June 2016, Shangri La’s first chain of hotels in Sri Lanka will open its door to visitors. The renowned warmth of being in a Shangri La hotel amidst the panoramic beauty of the exotic beaches in Sri Lanka will empower guests and take them away into a world of charming luxury.
With 145 acres of land under its name, Shangri La Hotel Hambantota is the largest resort in all of Sri Lanka. It has 300 luxury rooms and 21 suites for guests to reside in. One of the major attractions of this hotel is the 18-hole golf course, a first in the country’s hotel industry.
According to the General Manager of Shangri La, this resort is more than just a 5 star Hotel in Hambantota with rooms, restaurants and swimming pools; it is a hotel designed to focus on family and home based concepts amongst the authenticity of Lankan tradition to make visitors happy.
Facilities at Shangri La Hambantota
ELEVATOR IN BUILDING
PICK AND DROP
SUITABLE FOR EVENTS
2 SWIMMING POOLS
Available Rooms & Suites
Premier Golf & Ocean Suite
Specialty Suite & Janapathi Suite
Whether you are craving for local Sri Lankan food, Southeast Asian specialties, or the Western cuisine, Shangri-La Hotel Hambantota caters to all.
• Bojun Hala and Sera: serves multiple cuisines
• Beach Grill: seafood specialties
• Giman Hala and Ulpatha: top notch refreshments all day long
These restaurants accepts casual clothing during day time but after 6.00pm, it is strictly formal wear.
Things to do at Shangri La Hotel
Whether you are at this luxury hotel in Hambantota for a meeting, conference, exhibition, as a tourist, on a family holiday, on an ayurvedic treatment, or simply to be a part of Sri Lanka’s wildlife, Shangri-La resort has a whole range of activities lined up for you during your free time at the hotel.
18-hole golf course
Bike rental (kids & adults)
Action & Fun
Drone flying video experience
Kite making & kite flying
Cool zone kids club
Supervised kids activities
Pottery & ceramic hut
Wood carving & turned hut
Health & Fitness/Recreational Activities
12 treatment rooms
100% natural spa products
Things to do in Hambantota
1. Experience Wildlife in Sri Lanka by visiting the neighbouring Yala National Park. This is the second largest National Park in the country and is just an hour’s drive from Shangri La Hotel Hambantota.
2. Hambantota has a lot of history built within its Holy Temples: Vihara Maha Devi Temple and Tissamaharama Temple. Visit these not just to learn about its history but also to observe its unique construction.
3. Scuba Diving and Turtle Watching is possible in the neighbouring town of Tangalle.
From your 5 star hotel in Hambantota, simply request for a vehicle to take you there to indulge in these exciting activities.
Find out more about Things to do in Hambantota.